Summer.... Just let the word sink in. I had my doubts as to whether it was ever going to get here. But it's here. Actually, since my last day at work was on Thursday, that kind of threw me off. I was out late with one of my friends and I kept thinking that I had to get up early the next day. I would keep looking at the time and feel like I shouldn't stay out too much longer since I had to get up early the next day. Then I would realize, Wait, I don't have to get up early tomorrow.--I had to remind myself that five times! Five!!! I have a lot planned this summer, and even have my check list. I made one last summer and got about half done, so I added those incomplete ones to my list this year. Plus, some of the To-Do things are the same. I asked some of my students what they want to do this summer, and some of their answers were very similar. Some cracked me up, too. When it came to going to the beach, one student said she wants to go at least once a week. I don't know about that, but I certainly want to go often. More than I did last year. Another student said she wants to take one hundred Selfies. Now, anyone who knows me knows I do not like to be in pictures, so I'm just going to have to pass on that one. Ha! But at least my students all have goals. That's the important thing, right? So, here's my check list for the summer. I'll add to it if I need to, but this is what I have so far. Summer Check List
• Finish writing my book.
• Give the book to my friend to edit.
• Get edited version back and make corrections/changes.
• Once done with book, maybe start another one.
• Check out writing workshops.
• Maybe start playing on a sports team.
• Clean out room. (It's a mess. Seriously.)
• Read as many books as possible.
• Write, write, write!!!
• Watch all the movies I now have time to see.
• Start running, even if I have to wake up early.
• Go horseback riding.
• Spend as much time at the beach as possible. (Maybe even learn how to surf.)
• Go to at least 3 new places.
• Teach myself how to play the piano.
• Get more involved with church/community.
• Go camping.
• Do at least 3 new things.
• Bake treats I have always wanted to try.
• Do something that scares me.
• Dance more.
• Reach my goal!!!
• Read the Bible more.
• Go to Disneyland as much as possible. That's why I have a pass.
• Spend a lot of time with friends.
• On the road trip, be as spontaneous as ever.
• Don't waste a single day of the summer.
• Just have fun!
Since these past two weeks have just been CRAZY with my work, school, and helping out with all the graduations, I honestly had no time to write. At all. So, to make the smart decision to focus on my job and school, I took the last two weeks off from writing. There was no way I could give the energy I need to to my writing with all of that going on. But, now that it's summer, and I have more free time, I'm getting off pause and continuing the NaNoWriMo challenge. That's why I am currently on Day 16. I want to have the book done by the end of this month, so I have a lot of work in front of me. Maybe I'll even take my laptop to the beach with me and do some writing there.
Speaking of the beach, one of my coworkers retired this year and had a cookout at Moonlight Beach. The house he and his wife are retiring to (completely) when she retires next year is pretty close to that beach, and I've never even heard of that beach, so it was fun to go. Here are some pictures of the gorgeous sunset.
What a perfect start to the summer!